Protection for damages and costly lawsuits arising from your business operations
General Liability Insurance – also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) – protects your business from potentially ruinous lawsuits in the event of an injury or property damage related to your business operations or products. It’s available as standalone coverage or as a component in Business Owners Policies (BOP) and various industry-specific business coverage packages.
What General Liability Insurance covers
- Damages related to something you did (or failed to do) that contributed to injury or property damage to people not employed by your company, such as vendors, customers, or visitors
- Damage from libel, slander, or false advertising
- Attorney fees and other costs you incur in defending against lawsuits
- Product liability
Some examples of situations in which General Liability would offer protection include:
- A delivery person slips in your hallway or loading dock and sustains a back injury
- One of your employees damages a customer's home when performing services
- A customer is injured when using one of your products
While General Liability Insurance is broad-based coverage, there are some common business scenarios that require other coverage. Some of these include:
- Injuries to employees. Your mandatory workers’ compensation insurance is the exclusive remedy for employee injuries.
- Lawsuits by employees. Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) covers lawsuits related to harassment, discrimination, and other employment related charges.
- Harm due to professional negligence. Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance covers professional liability.
Nulty insurance is your business liability risk management partner
Our expert team of commercial insurance advisers are highly knowledgeable about industry-specific liability issues and we are happy to share our expertise to help our clients make informed decisions. It often makes sense to expand your protection with additional liability options or to supplement your coverage with higher limits through Umbrella Insurance or Excess Liability Insurance.
We listen, we research, and we find the best ways to solve problems for our clients. Our goal is to truly partner with our clients and to put our expertise to work to help them make the best decision for their unique circumstances. We work harder and we get creative to help our clients find the right solution at the right price.
Other Liability Insurance Options
- Employment Practices Liability (EPLI)
- Errors and Omissions (E&O)
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Fiduciary Liability
- Liquor Liability
- Excess Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
Reach out to us!
Earning the trust of our clients is the foundation on which we’ve built and grown our business. Integrity, innovation, and expertise are at the core of the solid relationships that we build with our clients.
Our consultative service coupled with our integrity and hard work have earned us long-term business relationships. We invite you to learn why! Give us a call at 877-830-3099 or take a minute to fill out a free quote form. We’d love to meet you!